POMEGRANATE RAISIN ALMOND CHICKEN SALAD
- Seeds from 2 pomegranates
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast meat, cut into 1” chunks
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 chopped apple
- ½ cup chopped or thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds, raisins, chicken, almonds, apple, celery, parsley, green onion and curry powder. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Pour in the chicken mixture and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
** Makes 6 servings.